Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

Immigrant Visa Lawyer in Queens, New York
Apply for a US Visa

Immigrant Visa

An immigrant visa is granted to foreign nationals who will be receiving permanent residency upon entering the country. Immigrant visas allow foreign citizens to enter any U.S. port of entry. Once they have entered the country, they can then receive their permanent resident or immigrant status.

Nonimmigrant Visa

Nonimmigrant visas are given to foreign nationals who will be visiting the United States for a temporary period of time. These temporary visas will include information about the purpose of a person’s visit to America and the duration of time they are permitted to stay. Foreign citizens can obtain visas for a variety of reasons, including business, tourism, pleasure or medical purposes. Student visas, business visas, and investor visas are also common types of temporary nonimmigrant visas.

Business Immigration

People immigrate to the United States for many reasons, but the promise of being able to conduct business and obtain a job in this country is one of the most popular. You can accomplish this by obtaining a business visa. These specific visas were designed for people who are seeking temporary residence in the United States for professional, educational, or vacation/travel purposes. The types of people who typically apply for a business visa include teachers, exchange students, businessmen and businesswomen, media, religious workers, physicians, college attendees, journalists and foreign military who are stationed in the United States.

Student Visas

Foreign students who will be attending a university, college, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory or other academic institution in the United States must apply for an F-1 student visa. Foreign students who will be attending nonacademic institutions and vocational programs must apply for M-1 student visas. As with any visa category, student visas require a significant amount of documentation, paperwork and preparation. In addition, all foreign students must qualify for a student visa by meeting the Immigration and National Act requirements. These include:

  • Acceptance at a recognized academic school
  • Sufficient financial assets to pursue the course of study
  • Sufficient preparation for the course of study
  • Intent to leave the United States after completing the course of study

Students applying for F-1 visas will also have to complete an interview process at their country’s respective U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Foreign students may also be able to obtain visas for their dependents. Known as F-2 visas, these nonimmigrant visas can allow a student’s spouse and / or children to accompany them to the United States. When applying for F-2 visas, students must complete all the necessary forms and applications and supply documentation proving their relationship to the applicants, such as marriage and birth certificates.

Investor Visas

E-1 Visas are for treaty trades who will engage in international trade on his or her own behalf. In order to qualify for an E-1 visa, applicants must be nationals of a treaty county, carry on substantial trade and carry on principal trade between the United States and their country. Trade can mean any international exchange of goods, services, international banking, insurance, transportation, tourism, media, and technology, among others. Employees of a treaty trader may also be eligible to obtain an E-1 classification.

E-2 Visa are for foreign nationals of treaty countries who will be investing capital in a U.S. business may apply for E-2 treaty investor visas. Eligible treaty investors must be nationals of a treaty country and have invested or will invest a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. enterprise. According to the USCIS, a substantial amount of capital is considered any significant amount of money invested into a business that will generate large amounts of capital or create a significant economic impact in the United States.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

© 2020 - 2024 Prizant Law. All rights reserved.