Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

New York Immigration Lawyer

Helping People Throughout the U.S. With All Immigration Matters

Prizant Law is a boutique immigration law firm providing innovative strategies and effective assistance in the full range of U.S. immigration law, including individual, family, employment and business immigration needs. If you need help with a visa or other immigration legal matters, call Prizant Law at 718-407-0871 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with a skilled and knowledgeable New York immigration attorney.


Visas are granted to allow people to stay in the U.S. temporarily (nonimmigrant visas) or permanently (immigrant visas). Visas can be granted for tourism, study, business reasons, investment, employment and family matters. The process for getting a visa differs depending on whether you are applying from abroad or within the United States. An immigration lawyer can advise you on the appropriate visa for you and guide you through the application process. Some of the visas we frequently assist with at Prizant Law include:

Student Visas – Foreign students can study in America on a student visa. An F-1 student visa is required to attend a college or university, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory or other U.S. academic institution. To attend a vocational program or nonacademic institution, an M-1 student visa is required.

Investor Visas – U.S. immigration law allows immigration for the purpose of investing in a U.S.-based business enterprise. Investor visas include the E-1 treaty trader and E-2 treaty investor. Only foreign nationals of designated countries may apply for these visas. The amount of investment required depends on the type of business and its location within the United States.

B1/B2 Visas – A B visa is issued to foreign nationals who enter the U.S. on a temporary basis for business purposes (B1) or pleasure (tourism, visiting family) or medical treatment (B2). Since B visas are temporary only, you will need to demonstrate that you only plan to stay temporarily, that you have enough money to cover your trip, and that you have strong social and economic ties to your home country that you do not intend to abandon.

Employment Green Cards – A green card will authorize you to live and work in the U.S. permanently. The government limits the number of employment green cards that it issues every year. Green cards are allotted according to preference categories (EB-1 through EB-5). In some cases, you must have a job offer and employer sponsor to get a green card, while in some situations you can self-petition. Prizant Law can help ensure you file the right application correctly and help you immigrate sooner rather than later.

Employment Visas – USCIS recognizes a dozen different visas for temporary employment in the United States. People can come over for seasonal agricultural work or migrant labor, if they are in a specialty occupation, if they are employees of multinational corporations who get transferred here, if they have extraordinary abilities, if they are athletes, artists, entertainers, religious workers, and others. Every category of visa (H-1B, O-1, P-1, etc.) has its own criteria and procedures that must be followed for acceptance. The application process requires attention to detail and providing appropriate documentation. Our office can help you in these areas so your visa application will be approved.

K1 Fiancé(e) Visas – On a K-1 visa, you can travel to the U.S. to marry a U.S. citizen. Marriage has to occur within 90 days. You can bring your children with you by obtaining K-2 derivative visas for them. A great deal of documentation is required, as well as medical exams, vaccinations, and proof of financial support.

U Visas – Crime victims can enter on a U visa and stay for four years. After three years, the visa holder can apply for a green card and lawful permanent residence through an adjustment of status. U visa holders can obtain an employment authorization document (work permit) and can bring certain family members with them.

T Visas – T visas are similar to U visas but are specifically for victims of human trafficking, including sex trafficking or labor trafficking. T visa holders can obtain an EAD for employment and can apply to adjust their status after three years on this four-year nonimmigrant visa.

Other Immigration Legal Matters

Besides visas for family, business or employment purposes, Prizant Law is available to assist with any of the following immigration legal needs:

Adjustment of Status/Green Cards – Go from nonimmigrant to nonimmigrant visa, or obtain a green card through a family-based or employment-based sponsorship

Asylum – Refuge from persecution in your home country

Cancellation of Removal – Salvation from removal by an immigration judge

Criminal Immigration – Helping ensure an arrest doesn’t keep you from being able to renew a green card or seek naturalization

Deportation Defense – Protecting your rights to due process and a strong defense before you can be deported

Family Immigration – Immigration through the sponsorship of a relative who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident

U.S. Citizenship – Citizenship through naturalization for eligible green card holders, spouses of citizens, military service members, or through the citizenship of their parents

VAWA Green Cards – Special routes to immigration status for non-citizens battered or abused by a spouse or parent who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident

Waivers – Relief from inadmissibility grounds that could otherwise deny you entry or immigration benefits

Help With the Full Range of U.S. Immigration Legal Matters

For help with visas, green cards, adjustment of status, naturalization, or any other immigration-related legal issue in the United States, call Prizant Law in New York City at 718-407-0871 to discuss your needs with a skilled and dedicated U.S. immigration lawyer.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

© 2020 - 2024 Prizant Law. All rights reserved.