Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

Employment-Based Nonimmigrant Visas

There are a number of temporary work visa categories under which foreign nationals can apply.

H-1B Visa

This visa category is for individuals in specialty occupations and requires applicants to have a highly specialized knowledge of a certain field or completion of a specific course of higher education.

H-2A Visa

Seasonal or temporary agricultural workers can apply for H-2A visas.

H-2B Visa

Temporary or seasonal workers not working in the agricultural sector can apply for H-2B visas.

H-3 Visa

This classification is for foreign citizens who will receive training in the United States for purposes other than medical or academic education.

I Visa

Representatives of foreign media, press, radio or film qualify for I visas.

L Visa

Intra-company transferee Visa – applicants must have worked abroad continuously for one year and will be employed by a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of the same employer in the U.S.

O-1 Visa

O-1 visas are reserved for individuals with extraordinary abilities in sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. Anyone accompanying an O-1 visa holder to assist them can apply for O-2 visas.

P-1 Visa

Internationally recognized athletes or members of internationally recognized entertainment groups qualify for P-1 classification.

P-2 Visa

Individual artists or entertainers who perform under a reciprocal exchange program must apply for P-2 visas.

P-3 Visa

P-3 visas are reserved for artists, entertainers and performers who are involved in the production of a program that is culturally unique.

Q-1 Visa

Anyone participating in an international cultural exchange program that is designed to provide practical training and employment or historical, cultural, and traditional education in the U.S. can apply.

R-1 Visa

R-1 visas are for religious workers of any denomination.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

© 2020 - 2024 Prizant Law. All rights reserved.